Monday, June 17, 2013

As the Mock cycle comes to an End.


Wow it's been almost a month since I have last blogged. I am so sorry I have just been busy with life. So as you know we have been doing a mock cycle before the real cycle to make sure that my body is adjusting to the medication correctly. It seems like I just started that mock cycle. But realistically it is almost over.

To recap my mock cycle. I started takes Birth control pills May 4th, Started the Lupron injections on May 19th. Stopped the Lupron injections on June 15th. Started my Vivelle patches on May 28th and I am continuing those for now. I started my Progesterone injections and Endometrin vaginal pills on June 15. So that's my quick recap now for a more in depth update.

I just recently started the Progesterone in oil injections on June 15th. These injections must go into a large muscle. Like your backside which also requires a larger needle than the Lupron. Now if you remember correctly the Lupron injections took me a while to administer for the first time. So no surprise to everyone the anxiety over the Progesterone that I built up caused the first injection even longer. My husband was supportive and has been giving me my injections. His statement was "I have given shots to the goats, and horses so you will be fine" Which made me feel so much better. . . . . . . NOT!!!! But they have been going ok. I have noticed a VERY sore buttocks though and some strange dreams. :(. I know it might sound crazy but it almost feels like my uterus is heavy.

The same day I started the progesterone I also started the Endometrin vaginal pills. I guess I was expecting a small pill. Boy was I way off. It is about the size of a dime just different shape. I will take a picture tonight. BUT it doesn't bother me at all because it doesn't require a needle :)

I go in on June 25th for my Endometrial biopsy. I am so nervous about this because the name by itself just sounds painful. I have been told to take ibuprofen and expect some cramping. Which is ok I can deal with cramping. Although the procedure I am not looking forward to. I cannot wait for that day because that means we are officially DONE with the mock cycle and we can move onto the real cycle (as long as everything looks good) I am so excited to get the real cycle going.

I cannot wait to have the privilege to give a very special couple a baby or babies. So that is my updated. I will try to post more often. Please keep me and my IPs in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment