About Me

My photo

I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years this November. I have three energetic kiddos ages 12,10, and 6. I have had one successful gestational surrogate experience and am currently working on journey #2..

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Medical Screening

Let's see where do I start. It seems like so much has happened since I last blogged. So John and I went to Boston for my medical screening and to finally meet the IPs. This trip is what I would refer to as a very quick trip. We left Bentonville Thursday morning and was back by Friday morning. They flying wasn't to bad. We had to switch planes once in Chicago. We had a few layovers due to rain. I def. got to experience a few first this trip. Once we got to Boston we rode in a cab to our hotel (#1 first riding in a cab) Once we got to the Hotel we took quick showers so that we could have dinner with our IPs.

They took us to the "North End" to eat. Which is primarily Italian food (except for one small Chinese restaurant haha). The restaurant we ate at was so wonderful. Although I knew I was not in Arkansas anymore when the waiter asked us if we wanted "flat water or bubbly water" I was def. unsure how to answer that one so I went with flat :) During dinner we just got to hang out with the IPs and get to know them a little more. The more we talked to them the more we realized how awesome they were. After dinner we walked around looking at all the small Italian restaurants. Which led us to an Italian bakery. Which we then tried a Cannoli (another first) It was so good. We ate one then and saved one for breakfast.  So then they took us back to the hotel and we went to bed.

The next day we knew was going to be a super busy day. We started by getting another cab and heading to MGH well actually the Yawkey Building beside MGH. Our first appointment was at 0945 with someone to explain the medicine part and answer any questions. They also handed me an NEO and PAI which are personality/psych questions 700 questions worth(which took all day to complete). Then they drew about 10 vials of blood from me and sent us to grab a bit to eat.

Our next meeting was at 1045 with Dr.Souter. She did a vaginal ultrasound to make sure everything looked good. (Which it did) Answered any questions we had and went over my previous pregnancy's and my health history. We were then dismissed for lunch.

At 1300 we met with the Social worker. We sat on her big leather couch and pretty much just told her about our life. Of coarse at this time we were both sleepy.

1430 we met with another Dr. This one started with "take everything off from the waist down" sigh oh brother. So he did my pap and collected cultures, Hysteroscopy :the he used a scope to look at my cervix and uterus. He had to insert saline into my uterus to enlarge it and check for fibroids( and boy did it HURT :(. I also turned in my paper work at that time  for the NEO and PAI.

1500 we went back downstairs to meet with the social worker with the IPs. We all sit down and pretty much answered her questions again. We are all on the same page and agree on everything so it was pretty easy convo.

We then went back to the airport and was en route to Arkansas. Although we were able to do many fun things and hang out with some pretty cool people we were ready to be home to our kiddos. I would say that our Boston trip was very productive and I enjoyed it greatly. The next step in the process the medicine so we are almost there :)! I am so excited for the adventure that we are beginning. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment